Combat MMO is a multimedia web application, more precisely, an interactive Strategy / RPG browser game. Players can develop their characters by completing single player missions and player vs. player events.
The browser game contains a series of mini-games, such as: blackjack or maze-like boards, where the player tries to bypass enemy patrols. The mini-games are developed using a game engine that facilities the implementations of custom textures, collisions, sprite movement and mouse / keyboard interactions.
The Combat MMO browser game was developed using the Microsoft Silverlight Framework and Bing Maps SDK, while the available mini-games were implemented using the Microsoft XNA Framework.
Here is a list with some of the main features for the web application:
- Integration with Microsoft Bing Maps for Player Base management
- Microsoft Photosynth integration for interactive single player missions
- Customization module for creating online missions and online events
- Players are able to play the single player campaigns in order to level up their character and benefit from a variety of mission rewards, or engage in player vs. player (PvP) combat to match their skills and item builds with other players
- Social networks integration with mini games
- Music & radio player module integrated in the browser game
The following screenshot illustrates the character customization module:
The following screenshot illustrates the selection of a Home Base location on Bing Maps:
In the following screenshot the player profile menu is illustrated:
In the following screenshot is presented the Hacking mini-game:
The following screenshot illustrates the online duels between players:
- Environment: Windows 7, 8, 10
- Development technologies: Microsoft C#, .NET, Microsoft Silverlight Framework 5, Microsoft XNA Framework 4, Bing Maps App SDK, Microsoft Photosynth API, Microsoft WCF Framework
- Requirements: Microsoft Silverlight 5
TECHNOLOGIES used for this Case Study: